Events included in this Event Calendar are community based events, monthly meetings and more, taking place in the Southern Highlands. If you are looking to view or add tourism based events please visit: https://www.visitsouthernhighlands.com.au/whats-on
Highlands Garden Society Bowral Inc Monthly Meetings
July 21, 2023 @ 6:00 pm
Due to Public Health Orders, meetings will be held by Zoom until further notice. Your Bulletin contains details on how to register for Zoom Meetings.
As a large and active group and there are many benefits to membership of the Highlands Garden Society. Some of these are:
- Ten Monthly Meetings per year, each meeting offering our members:
- Guest Speaker from both within or outside the Society covering a diverse range of topics. Recent subjects include: Chelsea Flower Show, Mediterranean gardens, designing and establishing a garden in the Southern Highlands, floral photography, use of organic fertilizers and visiting historical gardens.
- The opportunity to exhibit flowers and vegetables they have grown. Please click here to review plants exhibited at Meetings
- Apply their skills in Floral Art to display their arrangements. Each meeting has a different theme.
- Plants for sale at the Trading Table.
- Access our Library’s huge range of gardening publications and DVDs. Please click here to review DVDs available for members
- A Q & A session that enables those new to gardening to gain advice and guidance from experienced gardeners
- And a supper of tea, coffee and cakes.
- Eleven issues of our informative ‘Highlands Garden Bulletin’. Please click here to review a recent Bulletin.
- Entry to Friendship Gardens in Spring, Summer and Autumn. The majority of these gardens are owned by members who freely share their experiences in establishing and maintaining their garden.
- Access to Garden Workshops held from time to time.
- Access to valuable gardening information held in the Members’ Information section of this website.
All these benefits are included in the annual membership fee of $40 for a person or $70 for a household. There is a one only fee of $10 per person to cover the expense of producing a membership badge.
Membership of the Society also offers these activities, each for a small additional fee:
- Access ten Floral Art Classes each year
- Entry to a wonderful Summer Garden Evening in February each year
- Entry to the Society’s Annual Camellia and Rose Shows (exhibitors have free entry)