Bowral is the largest town in the Southern Highlands with drive times varying from five minutes from Mittagong to 40 minutes to Canyonleigh, it is centrally located and easily accessed from all towns and villages in the region.
Travel By Car
- The Southern Highlands is just 1.5 hours drive south of Sydney and 2 hours north of Canberra
- From Sydney take the M7 or M5 motorways south to Mittgong
- From Canberra via the Federal and Hume Highways, then use the Southern Highlands exits to Moss Vale, Berrima or Mittagong.
Travel By Coach
- Express coaches depart Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and the Illawarra daily. Bookings should be made directly with coach companies.
Travel By Train
- Sydney Trains and NSW Trainlink services stop at various Southern Highlands towns daily. For more information call
131 500 or visit sydneytrains.info
Travel By Air
- The Mittagong Aero Club can arrange private air travel to the Southern Highlands. For more information call
0414 863 102.