With Australia’s largest collection of heritage rolling stock, state-of-the-art facilities, interactive exhibits and so much more, you don’t want to miss a day out at the NSW Rail Museum.
Families, enthusiasts and children of all ages will find plenty to do at the NSW Rail Museum:
* Take a ride back in time on a heritage steam or diesel locomotive every Sunday
* Explore a mail van, prison van and dining carriage
* Climb into the cab of an old steam locomotive
* See an impressive collection of locomotives, carriages and wagons in the Great Train Hall
* View behind-the-scenes maintenance and conservation of the heritage fleet in the Roundhouse
* Watch the live action of a working turntable
* Enjoy the sound and light show telling the story of locomotive 1021
* Walk the timeline of rail development from the invention of the very first steam engine to today
* Learn about some of the most interesting jobs on the railways
* Marvel at elegant engineering and craftsmanship
* Rest in our picnic and barbeque area
* Grab a bite to eat in the café
* Browse through a range of souvenirs and merchandise in the shop
Visit www.nswrailmuseum.com.au to view the events schedule, learn more about school and group bookings, and purchase tickets.